Highlight text to annotate itX
Welcome to the art of cooking. Today we're gonna make together
Deep fry fish. The ingredients
1. One bound fresh fish filets 2. Half a cup yellow corn meal
3. One and a half cups all-purpose flour 4. Quarter teaspoon salt
5. Half teaspoon black pepper 6. Half teaspoon onion powder
7. Half teaspoon garlic powder 8. Half teaspoon paprika
9. One teaspoon dried parsley flakes 10. Half teaspoon dried oregano
11. Quarter teaspoon cayenne pepper 12. 1 egg
13. Half cup milk 14. Oil for deep frying
Tartar sauce ingredients
15. One cup mayonnaise 16. One table spoon sweet pickle relish
17. One table spoon onion (minced) 18. Two table spoons lemon juice (optional)
19. Salt and pepper (to taste)
1- Heat oil in the deep fryer to 375 degrees. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sweet
pickle relish and minced onion. Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
2- In a shallow bowl or pie plate combine corn meal, 1 cup of flour, black pepper, onion
powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley flakes, dried oregano and cayenne pepper. In another
bowl beat together the egg and milk. 3- Pat dry the fish fillets with paper towels.
Put half cup of the flour mixture into a plastic bag. Add the fish fillets to the bag and shake
to coat the filets with flour. Dip the filets one by one in the egg mixture. And then dip
into the corn meal, flour and spice mixture. 4- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
Add the filets to the oil and deep fry in batches for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown
and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees). Drain on paper towels.
5- And then serve with tartar sauce.
Subscribe to get the new in our kitchen Thanks for watching