Tip:
Highlight text to annotate it
X
大家好,我是休士頓火箭隊的林書豪 (Hey everybody, this is Jeremy Lin from the Houston Rockets.)
想告訴大家一個令人振奮的消息 (I have some really exciting news for you guys.)
林書豪基金會正極力推展一項計畫 (The Jeremy Lin foundation is putting on this initiative,)
"Making a Difference"計畫 (called the Making a Difference Project)
我們挑選了三個休士頓當地的非營利組織 (We have selected three Houston-based non-profit organizations)
他們非常熱心地奉獻給休士頓社群 (that have been faithfully serving the Houston community.)
這三個組織都有相當的潛力能更深遠的影響休士頓社群 (These three organizations really have the potential to further impact the Houston community.)
它給予機會,提高人們的關注,也進而增加了募款來源 (It've given the right opportunity, further exposure, and increased financial resources.)
請把影片看完 (Please please watch until the end of the video.)
投票給你最喜歡的慈善組織 (Vote for your favorite organization.)
幫助我們讓這個世界變得不一樣 (And help us make a difference in the world today.)
Workshop Houston創立於2003年,剛開始是貧民區的一間社區腳踏車店 (Workshop Houston started in 2003 as a community bike shop here in the third world.)
我們Workshop Houston的理念就是 (What we're trying to accomplish in Workshop Houston)
我們告訴學生,教育是通往成功的道路 (is to show out students that education is a path to success.)
我們認為最好的方法就是透過相關的職能教育、創意課程來達成 (I mean we think the best to do that is through education that's relevant, expensive and creative.)
所以我們成立了一間金屬銲接製作的工作室 (And so, we open the chopper shop which is a welding and metal fabrication studio.)
The style shop是間結合時尚與圖像設計的工作室 (The style shop which is a fashion and graphic design studio.)
還有一間音樂製作的工作室 "Beat Shop" (And the beat shop which is a music production studio.)
我最喜歡的是閱讀室還有style shop (My favorite part is the study room and the style shop.)
我喜歡時尚,我可以做出自己的衣服然後穿上它們 (Like I love styles so I can make my own things and I can wear'em.)
窄管牛仔褲 (A skinny jeans)
這是側邊口袋,然後這是後面的口袋 (This is the side pocket and this is the back pocket.)
教育在一般學校裡可以是非常制式化的 (Education is something that in the schools, can be so standardized.)
在這裡,我們提供的是很具體的 (And I think, here Workshop Houston, we give something that's probable)
他們觸摸的到、感覺的到的真實的教育 (something that they can touch and feel and it becomes a reality.)
當我看這些學生時,我發現他們只是需要機會 (When I see the students, I see students who just need an opportunity.)
他們非常聰明,很有天分,但只是需要機會 (Very smart, very talented but they need an opportunity.)
Workshop Houston是個能讓你找到自我的地方 (Workshop Houston is one of those places where we can come and be ourselves.)
會讓你感覺真的學到了東西 (And you'll go back home and say I actually learn something new today)
讓我能在未來學以致用 (and I'm gonna apply it to my future.)
如果不是Workshop Houston的話,我想我不會有我現在這樣的成績 (If it wasn't for Workshop Houston, I wouldn't actually have the grades I have right now.)
然後我大概會放棄我的夢想吧 (And I would actually quit on my dreams on becoming a petertrition)
如果你想讓夢想成真,需要別人鼓勵的話 (If you want your dreams to be accomplished and people to encourage you)
來這裡就對了,這裡就好像是一個願望應許之地 (this is your place. This is like the dream maker.)
Yellowstone Academy是一間從學齡前到八年級的宗教信仰學校 (Yellowstone Academy is a PreK 3 through 8th grade, faith-based school.)
Yellowstone Academy 是黑暗中的一束光 (Yellowstone Academy is light in a very dark place.)
每天早上一踏進這個地方,就能看見每個老師的笑容 (The place where you can come and you'll see the smile on every teacher's face each morning.)
當你走進大廳裡,你會看見快樂的孩子們和充滿歡笑的臉龐 (When you walk down our halls, you see happy children, you see smiling faces and you'll hear laughter)
更棒的是,你會看見學生們都在學習與進步 (and even better than that are students are learning, they're achieving.)
但其實很多人不知道,這些孩子們每天得面臨許多現實的挑戰 (But what a lot of people don't see is that our children face very real challenges everyday.)
大多數Yellowstone裡的小孩來自非常貧窮的家庭 (The majority of children in Yellowstone come from families that are living in extreme poverty.)
我指的是年收入10,000美元以下的家庭 (That's an income that's under 10,000$ a year.)
我們的孩子們經歷了其它小孩不用經歷的 (Our children see things that no child should have to see.)
我成為一位教師是有其原因的 (That's a reason why I'm a teacher.)
因為我得把他們從殘酷的現實中拉出,並讓他們見識這世界 (Because I get to pull out of them to things they don't even see.)
長大後,我想成為一名藝術科學家 (When I grow, I want to be an art scientist.)
消防員 (Firefighter.)
公司執行長 (CEO)
教師 (Teacher.)
長大後,我想當籃球員 (When I grow, I want to become a basketball player.)
老師。服裝設計師 (A teacher. A fashion designer.)
我們相信儘管這些孩子們出身貧窮,但他們一定能成功 (We believe that regardless of their economic circumstances, our children can succeed.)
他們的夢想將會實現 (Their dreams will come true.)
我們所做的即是,給予他們過程中所需要的工具及資源 (And we're giving them the tools that will enable them to do that.)
長大後,我想當總統 (When I grow up, I wanna be a president.)
哇!為什麼呢? "Wow, why?"
因為這樣我就可以指輝大家啦 (Because I get to tell everybody what to do. )
(這小男孩好可愛阿...)
我家來自不丹 (My family is from Bhutan.)
我來自奈及利亞 (I'm from Nigeria.)
我來自盧安達 (From Rwanda.)
所謂的難民指的就是,一個在其他國家面臨迫害的人 (A refugee is a person who faces persecution in another country.)
然後他們得以來到美國逃離這些迫害 (And they've been allowed to come to the U.S to flee off persecution.)
因為長途跋涉從難民營來到美國,很多學生在適應新文化上面臨了困難 (So, many of our students face difficulty adjusting to a new culture because of the long journey they've made from refugee camps.)
我心裡第一個想法覺得很艱難,覺得自己作不到... (Well, first one I came, it was not easy. I was like "hey, I cannot do this." you know)
然後,我來到了Pair (and then, I got to Pair.)
Pair針對中學、高中青年設有三種課程,休士頓居民都感到相當興奮 (Pair has three different programs for middle school and high school youth and the Houston community are very excited.)
我們增進了他們的英語能力 (We've improved their English skills)
我們也向他們說明往後繼續升學的可能性 (and we've educated them about higher education options.)
我們提供完整的學習方法 (and we take a holistic approach.)
我們有導師及助教幫助他們成為未來的領導者 (We do mentoring and tutoring to help them become future leaders)
讓孩子們準備好未來 (and prepare the students for life.)
我以為未來就是奮力一搏,但當我到了Pair,我遇見了許多人 (I thought it was only meant struggling but I mean when I went to Pair, I met a lot of people)
這裡每一個人都很辛苦,但他們都很努力地想開創出自己的一片天 (and every single one of them is going through something but they all try to go somewhere and be somebody)
所以我有了動力,我心想"他們可以,我為何不能呢?" (so that motivated me. I was like "hey, They can do it. Why can't I? ")
若不是Pair的話,我大概不會有什麼朋友吧 (If it wasn't for Pair, I would probably not have any friends at all.)
我就不會有能夠稱為"家人"的人 (I wouldn't have another people to call the family.)
我就不會有其它人作為我的榜樣學習 (I wouldn't have other people to look up to)
大家驅使我前進,我們是一個大家庭 (People to motivate me. We are a family.)
這裡每一個人都使你更有價值 ('cause you know, there're all there to make you a value.)
感謝你看完了這段影片 (Thank you for watching the video.)
請上網選出你最喜歡的慈善團體 (Please vote for your favorite organization at)
票數最高的慈善團體,我將會在今年與他們合作 (For the organization that gets the most votes, I'll be partnering with them this out coming year)
讓事情變得更不一樣 (to further make a difference.)
如果你想幫助他們更多,請在網站上大方捐款 (If you're interesting in further helping please donate at the website.)
再次感謝你收看這段影片 (Thanks again for watching this video.)
這項計畫真的對我意義深厚 (This project really really means a lot to me.)
感謝你們的支持 (And I appreciate all your support.)
Chinese Traslation, Subtitle by Joshua Chang Facebook: catslikethief