Tip:
Highlight text to annotate it
X
My name is Simon Chung. 我叫Simon Chung。
I graduated from (Faculty of Informatics), University of Wollongong in 1989. 我于1989年毕业于卧龙岗大学的信息技术学院的(数学荣誉学士学位)。
选择卧龙岗大学的主要原因是我对计算机非常有兴趣。 The reason why I chose UOW was because I was interested in computer science
我也觉得计算机课程在卧龙岗大学非常出名。 and UOW is renowned for its informatics programs.
毕业之后我在澳大利亚工作了5年, After I graduated from UOW, I had worked in Australia for 5 years,
然后回到香港工作了10年,之后到中国(大陆)工作了10年。 Hong Kong for 10 years and then China for 10 years.
我服务于一家名为中软国际的公司。这是一间有10年历史的公司。 I currently work for ChinaSoft International which is a 10 years old company.
一开始大概只有50个人。经过十年的努力,我们(目前)大概有16000人。 It has grown from 50 employees 10 years ago to 16,000 today.
My role there is the Global Chief Operating Officer. 我担任的职位是全球首席运营官。
It (ChinaSoft) is among the Top 3 IT companies in China, 中软公司是中国名列前三位的IT公司,
and this year our forecast will be about $400 millions. 我们今年的利润预测达到4亿澳币。
最近几年技术创新的节奏越来越快,所以每年(行业)的变化都非常大。 The pace of technology innovation is getting faster and faster nowadays, causing big changes in the ICT industry every year.
One of the problems is that we are lacking of this kind of skills set and knowledge 我们行业面临最大的问题之一是缺乏技术人才和知识,
so the alignment with universities especially the University of Wollongong on those high-demand, highly skilled people is really necessary. 所以和大学尤其是卧龙岗大学建立紧密的联系对于解决技术人才短缺的问题是非常必要的。
Last year I've been travelling around Europe and US. 去年我游历了欧洲和美国。
I went to different campuses and also the innovation centres in Ireland and US. 我拜访了位于爱尔兰和美国的不同的校园和创新中心。
(卧龙岗大学)的这二十年有非常多的变化, UOW has been through a lot of changes over these 20 years
尤其是在信息与通讯技术(领域)的研究和创新校区的建设方面有非常多改变。 especially in the ICT research areas and innovation campus construction.
(卧龙岗大学)是我看过的大学中研究和创新科目最多元化的大学之一。 UOW offers diversified courses and research areas.
The way of teaching and the culture at UOW really aligns with the global human resource requirement. 卧龙岗大学培养人才的方式和全球对于人力资源的要求是一致的。
卧龙岗大学里面所学的课程和企业发展的需求非常贴近。 The courses delivered by UOW are closely connected to the industry needs.
非常幸运能将在卧龙岗大学学习到的东西贡献给社会。 I feel lucky that I can contribute what I have learnt at UOW to the whole society.
My advice for new graduates is that they do not only need technical skills 我对未来毕业生的建议是他们不仅需要重视自身的专业技能,
but also soft skills such as leadership skills and communication skills. 同时也要注重培养"软技能"包括领导能力和沟通能力等等。
This is really important. 这点至关重要。